Thursday, May 7, 2015

Softbank 007z and C01HW don't have GSM mode ?

Recently, I traveled on business to Philadelphia, USA.  I brought my sim-unlocked 007z and C01HW, wifi mobile routers.  My 007z was flashed by 007z for BIZ firmware.  C01HW is a sim-free model originally outside Japan.  As far as I know, it was not obvious whether 007z and C01HW were usable in GSM area or not.  I tried them with T-mobile SIM.

T-mobile USA is using 3G of 1700/2100MHz (AWS), which is of course not supported by 007z nor C01HW.
Softbank 007z and C01HW recognized T-mobile sim but displayed "No Service".  I check every settings on the web-based utillities but they never connected T-mobile USA.  Therefore, it is supposed that 007z and C01HW don't support GSM mode as well as AWS.




My ISW13HT could connect T-Mobile USA at most EDGE speed.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading about your experience with the 007z.
    I am in Canada and I have my old Softbank 007z here with me.
    Do you think that it can work in Canada? Right now it is sitting in my desk doing nothing. I would like to use it or give it to someone who can use it.
    Let me know what you think. If you can help me unlock it, I would appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeff!. I supporse that the original 007z supports 1700Mhz (NOT AWS) and 2100MHz in UMTS only. According to Wiki, no carrier in Canada uses these band. Therefore 007z woundn't work in Canada even if unlocked or patched by a custom firmware.

      Delete
  3. Ok, well now I learned something.
    It's not the best news, but I won't waste time trying to make it work in Canada now.
    Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading about your experience with the 007z.
    I am in Saudi and I have mf80 here with me.
    Do you think that it can work in Saudi ?
    I PUT an sim and its getting the sim logo but not connected
    can u tell me plz if its can work and if so i have BD_BYTMF80V1.0.0B04 firmware version
    can u tell me how flash it with another firmware step by step plz help me i have 4000 pcs from that device ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear moazzz. I don't know about MF80 but i suppose a simfree MF80 can work well in Saudi (UMTS2100MHz) according to wiki. To flash a different model's rom, MODELS NAME must be modified by by Binary editor in the updater.exe (ex. "DL_MF80_SBMFAREN_JP_EUV1.00.02.exe" for 007zBIZ). Plz see http://somethingoo.blogspot.jp/2014/08/sim-unlocked-softbank-007z-part-3.html

    ReplyDelete