Friday, May 1, 2015

Crucial MX200 SSD

I bought Crucial MX200 for my intel nuc D54250WYKH.


Installing on msata slot easily.


Then, I tried to clone my windows7 system from old SSD to new MX200 by using a system recovery on a windows installation disc from the system image in advance.  BUT, a windows installation disc was not able to recognize a USB3.0 HDD that stored my system image, even if USB3.0 driver was manually installed.  According to web infomations, USB2.0 storages are recommended for a system recovery, however, my NUC doesn't have USB2.0 ports but USB3.0 only.
I also used a windows8 installation disc which was said to support USB3.0 by default.  A system image recovering was started but stopped soon due to an error for mismatching windows version.
A system recovery couldn't also find my backup image although I connected the HDD which had been inside USB3.0 drive to SATA directly.  Finally, I created a backup image again on another USB2.0 HDD.  Nonetheless, the system recovery was still failed because of missing disk to restore in this time.  According to here, it was fixed by "clean" command on DISKPART.  Thus, my system cloning was completed and MX200 was resized.


Benchmarking by CrystalDiskMark (MX200 500GB / mSATA3 / D54250WYKH).

No comments:

Post a Comment